Select Page

Welcome to AAAffordable Driving School Online.

We offer a California DMV approved online driver education that will fulfill your mandatory California Driver’s Education requirement. The introductory price for the course is $35.00 (Limited Time Only). Upon completion, you’ll be ready to enroll in behind the wheel training!

Welcome, A AAAffordable Driving School’s Online Drivers Education program meets the California DMV’’s Drivers Education requirement for minors (15½ – 17 years old). Upon completion of the course a Certificate of Drivers Education Completion will be mailed to you by standard U.S. mail.

The course is divided into 10 units, with each unit containing its own quiz. You will have to answer all the questions correctly on each quiz in order to move onto the next unit. Once you have completed the units, there is a 30 question final you will need to take in order to receive your Certificate of Completion. A score of 80% on the final is passing. Once you have passed the final, a Certificate of Completion will be mailed to the address you have provided us.


1. Do you have to get a permit?
Yes, a permit means that you have passed the written test and have proven that you understand the rules of the road and now will be permitted to learn how to drive. After passing the written test, a minor (a person under the age of 18) must have their first drivers training appointment with a licensed DMV Driving Instructor and have them sign the permit first, after that they can start driving with any licensed driver 25 years or older with a valid California drivers license. An Adult can start practicing immediately with a licensed driver 18 years or older.

Note: The licensed driver must be close enough to take the wheel at any time and a permit does not allow you to drive alone. Also the permit test is only the first of two steps you must also pass the road test in order to obtain a drivers license.

2. Is Drivers Education or Driver Training only for minors (those under 18 years old)
No, although it is a requirement for a minor, adults can also benefit in courses offered by driving schools. Drivers Education teaches you the rules of the road and prepares you for the permit test. Driver Training reiterates what is taught in Drivers Education by hands on experience. As stated although not a requirement for adults it is suggested. Many learn by family or friends and sometimes what is taught may conflict with what the actual law states. You don’t want to find out by ticket.
3. What do I need to take to the DMV in order to take the written/permit test?
You will need to bring an original birth date/legal presence document (California Identification Card, U.S. Birth Certificate, Passport, U.S. Armed Forces I.D., Proof of Indian Blood Degree, Certificate of Naturalization or a Mexican Border Crossing Card with a Valid I-94) stating that you are at least 15½, and 2 proof of residency documents.

A completed DMV application (DL 44) signed by your parents or legal guardians if you are a minor. Signing this form means you agree to submit to a chemical test to determine the alcohol and/or drug content of your breath, blood or urine when required by a peace officer. Signing this application also states that you’ve been informed that it is illegal for any person to operate a motor vehicle with a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) of .08% or more. The application also states you’ve been informed a person under 21 must not have a BAC of .01% or more.

Pay the application fee. Once you pay this fee you have one year to obtain a license. The fee covers both the permit and the license if you qualify within a year. It also allows you to take the written/permit test three times and the road test three times if needed during that year.

Note: If you fail the road test you must pay an additional fee to take a second and third attempt. If a minor fails the written/permit test they must wait one week before taking another written test if they fail the road test they must wait two weeks plus pay an additional fee before taking it again.

A minor must bring Proof of Completion of Drivers Education..

4. How do I obtain a California Drivers License?

After passing the written/permit test you can make an appointment at the DMV for the road test. A minor is eligible to take the road test once they have completed drivers training (6 hour course) and obtain a parent/guardians signature stating that they have completed an additional 50 hours (10 must be night driving) and has possessed a permit for six months. An adult does not have to take drivers training, however it is highly recommended.

A AAAffordable driving school has been licensed since 2000 however our driving instructors have been licensed by the DMV and have since 1988. We have female and bilingual instructors (English/Spanish).

On-line Driver Education: $35.00 (Introductory offer regularly priced at $60)

Behind The Wheel Training: Contact school to see if we have service in your area and for fees.

AAAffordable Driving School
(License #E3815)

4009 Park Blvd. #9
San Diego, CA, 92103

(619) 281-2600